Conference Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs): Impact on Treatment will be devoted to the problem of primary and acquired therapy resistance associated with disease progression and poor clinical outcome in cancer patients. It is planned that pre-clinical and clinical sessions will be included into the programme of the conference. The leading basic researchers and clinicians will be invited to provide educational lectures and to serve as chairs of the Symposium Sessions.
This Conference will highlight
- role of CSCs in the treatment failure;
- molecular mechanisms associated with CSC aggressiveness and increased metastatic potential;
- biological, biochemical, pathological methods allowing CSC identification within the malignant tumors;
- development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets to predict and overcome therapy resistance associated with CSC activities.
- novel therapeutic approaches to combat locally advanced, metastatic or relapsed malignant diseases;
- translational oncology: how to make bridge between basic researchers and clinicians;
- clinical trials based on pre-clinical findings
Scientific Committee is generated from the internationally renowned researchers, members of the EORTC (European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer), ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) and ESTRO (European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology). Conference is organized under the auspices of the EORTC.
The event has been accredited by the Österreichischen Ärztekammer for the Diplom-Fortbildungsprogramm (DFP) with 21 credit points.
Important dates 2015 / 2016:
November 1, 2015:
Abstract submission open
May 22, 2016 (Late breaking abstract submission until July 15, 2016!)
Deadline for abstract submission
May 30, 2016:
Abstract and grant notifications for authors; invitation for manuscript submission (Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment)
May 1, 2016:
Early-bird registration open
August 17, 2016:
Deadline for early-bird registration
September 30, 2016:
Deadline for late registration
December 7, 2016:
December 11, 2016: